1. The DevOps culture and set of processes enable the creation and improvement of products at a much faster pace, offering continuous software delivery, improving functionality and encouraging innovation. The collaborative way of functioning also reduces complexity and encourages innovation and aids digital transformation efforts.
2. Companies today are required to change the way they function, they are required to shorten work cycles, increase the delivery frequency and experiment continually to ensure that their products are responsive and innovatively designed to meet the needs of their customers. DevOps meets these expectations.
3. With DevOps, developers are not working in silos anymore, not knowing what operations want. They don’t write code and submit it and ignore the matter after that. They now have improved visibility into the way the application operates and are responsive and agile enough to make sure that it meets user needs.
4. DevOps is especially useful to a cloud development project as it improves application development speed-to-delivery to meet business needs faster, responding faster to user requirements and lowering the costs of development, testing, deployment, and operations.
5. The cloud platform offers a centralized enterprise system for DevOps to test its development, deploy it and go to production easily, without a distributed enterprise system which complicates such development.